Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Car Accident Story

Today at 4:45, two cars collided at the intersection from First Street and Slaughter Lane. It was a head-on collision caused by Roger Clementine, driver of the 1948 Studebaker.

Roger Clementine, 13, was driving his uncles car on the wrong side of the road, at 60 mph and ran into John Jacob Jingleheimer-Smith, 91, and his wife, Melba. 67.

"I thought it was going to be easy," says Clementine. "I just wanted to hang out with Brian [his friend], and my uncle wouldn't take me. I never meant to hurt anyone, really." Clementine was later convicted for driving without a license, for speeding, and for driving in the wrong lane by the police on the investigation.

Clementine, Jacob, and Melba were all taken to the University Medical Center Brackenridge. Clementine was only treated for minor cuts on his face, and then released. Melba was treated only for a bloody nose and also released. Jacob however, has more serious injuries. He has a head injury and is in serious conditions.

"All I care about is that my Jacob is okay," explains Melba. "All this talk about suing isn't going to help him. We just need to be focusing on Jacob's health." To give Melba her wishes, there will not be big court cases on this crash. All she wishes is that Clementine's family will pay for the medical bill.

When the crash occurred, it was a sunny day. The roads were not slick. Clementine was driving on the wrong side of the road driving in the opposite direction which caused for him to run head on into the Smith's car.

The Smith's car, a 1989 Yugo Firebelcher, was totaled, and Clementine's 1948 Studebaker suffered a crumpled fender.

"We are willing to pay for everything," Clementine's mother, Stacey Clementine explains. "My apologies from both my son and me go to the Smith's. I don't know what Roger was thinking." Mrs. Clementine had a worrisome look on her face as she first emerged into the Emergency room. She was very scared for her sons safety, as any mother would be. Once she had learned everything, she was furious, and surprised.


No comments:

Post a Comment