Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Student of the Month LEDE

Who: Darcy K.
What: Student of the month
When: This month
Where: Bowie High School
Why: Over achiever in school

This month, because of her hard work and devotion, Darcy Kanneman was awarded student of the month here at bowie high school. "My grades have been really good all year, so it made me possible to win." says Darcy.

"I feel very honored because I feel proud that i am smart enough to win," says Darcy. Darcy is a hard worker, and she believes because of her devotion and hard work she has won this. This award has made her feel successful in her schooling, because to her it is saying she has been doing well.

Newspaper asked Darcy's english teacher, Ms. Wolfe about how she felt about Darcy winning this award.  "She is a very hard working student," explains Ms. Wolfe. "She is always on top of her work, when she is confused she asks questions, and she comes to me outside of class if she needs extra help." Darcy has really put in work to earning this award.

Although Darcy put in a lot of work herself, she did not win this award alone. "My friends have helped me reach high grades," explains Darcy. "I'm grateful for my best friend for helping me be validated." We asked Darcy's best friend, Austyn Keelty how she felt about her best friend winning student of the month.

"I'm very excited and happy for her!" Austyn explains. "Yes for sure [she deserves the award]. She works hard all the time even when none of us are." Darcy received a lot of help and support from all of her friends, but she was also a lot of help to her friends.

"I'm proud of her, and I can look up to her. She's my go to for help because she knows everything." explains Austyn. Darcy's leadership holds her up in her friend group, and everyone knows to go to her. Her leadership has helped her with this award.

 Darcy doesn't think highly of herself because of this award. "I don't think it make me different, because there are other students with grades just as good as mine," Darcy exclaims. She feels like just another student, and she knows that many people are good and smart enough to win the award.

"It hasn't changed at all, because I'm still doing the same thing, I just have a different reputation," Darcy tells Bowie Newspaper.  She feels honored and proud of herself, but knows that she is still herself. She's not a different person. She is very happy about it, however.

"I'm very happy, because it means I'm the best student I can be," says Darcy. This award has helped her reach her goal, and it reminds her that she is a good and hardworking student. She believes she deserved to win the award for student of the month.

Darcy's celebration didn't stop at winning the award, her friends celebrated with her. "They gave me a cake," Darcy explains. They all had a fun party celebrating Darcy, and her award of student of the month. She thanked them all for their help with winning the award, and for being such great friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment