Monday, November 30, 2015

Feature Story Notes

1) How did you first feel after Chattanooga(first race)?
"I felt sad. I felt disappointed. I felt like I failed. I felt angry too."
2) How did you learn to cope with your accident?
"I basically decided that there wasn't an alternative, so I either had to learn from it or say I suck and live with that."
3) Are you thankful for that experience?
Yes
4) Where did you have your accident? (what part of the race)
"I was at mile 60 on the bike going through a water stop."
5) After remembering what happened how did you feel?
I felt overjoyed that I remembered and didn't just pass out. I felt grateful that that girl saw me. I cried."
6) Do you think it affected your race in PCB(Panama City Beach)? How?
"Yes, of course it was affected. I was more cautious on the bike. I was  more aware that its not 100% me but up to God. I was more grateful to finish. I was thankful to be there. It definitely made me more cautious, but it made me more grateful. It definitely made me more empathetic towards the people that don't finish."
7) Did your perspectives change?
"Yeah, I mean I think no matter what happens to you changes your perspective on things. Before doing an ironman and finishing is different, too. I definitely felt more thankful. It made me understand more about lots of stuff. I mean things that you don't think are gonna happen, happen."
8) Have your feelings about it all changed now that you've finished PCB and you're officially an ironman?
"Well I mean I'm still sad i didn't finish. My plan was to finish Chattanooga first. I mean I'm still sad, but my experiences are what are going to help me in life."
9) Did you feel more prepared for one or the other? 
"Yeah, I felt more prepared for Chattanooga."
10) How did you feel after completing PCB?
"Awesome, happy, relieved."
11) Did it scare you to do another ironman?
"Yes, I didn't want to fail again."
12) How did you turn it into motivation?
"I mean what's the alternative? I mean really. hat's what I tell myself."
13) Did completing several marathons before this race help to complete an ironman?
"Yes of course, because I have a good mind set of it all, you know?'
14) Do you think doing iron mans really takes devotion?
"Yes"
15) How has this helped you think of how to do your future iron mans?
"I think because it helps you to know that nothing is guaranteed, and you just do your best and wait for the outcome."
16) Are you wanting to do more iron mans after your experiences with the one you've done?
"Yes."
17) What is your opinion on iron mans as a whole?
"Fantastic. The training and the race are very symbolic of life. Life is hard, but it's rewarding, and you don't know what to expect. Sometimes, you don't get what you want, but you wait, and then it's always worth it."
18)Why do you think you have such a passion for doing them?
"Because I like the exercise, and I like to push myself, and I like to work for something that's not easy."
19) How do you feel about having such an accomplishment of completing an ironman?
"I feel proud. I feel proud of myself."
20) Do you think part of that feeling is what makes you want to continue doing iron mans?
"Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment